Wednesday 29 January 2014

“Switch”


            All couples in the world have their own stories on how their love rekindled. Some stories are worth sharing for but there are also some that are better kept untold because it doesn’t make sense at all.
            Fortunately, my parent’s story is indeed, “a love story made in heaven”, a story that is worth sharing for. They proved that when two people are destined, fate will bring you to each other’s heart. This is a story of two hearts from north and south of the Philippines who found their way to become one.
My father named Joel lived in Nueva Ecija while my mother, Ma. Elena who is a native Bisaya came from General Santos. When he was 18, my father went to Manila along with his friend, Noel to work as construction worker. In nearby place, my mother came all the way from Mindanao with her best friend named Rowena. When they all four met, my mother became close to Noel and my father became close to Rowena. Days passed, their relationships became even closer with the company of each other partner and soon go out for a double date. Everyone and even people around them assumed that Rowena will be my father’s girlfriend and Noel will be my mother’s boyfriend.
But world turns upside down as they found out in the long run that they are in love and more interested with the partners of their friend. It seems like there’s a switch of partners, Rowena becomes Noel’s girlfriend while my Mom becomes my Dad’s girlfriend. Sooner, Rowena and Noel had their marriage, the same with my parents who decided to live in Nueva Ecija.
And now, Rowena and Noel are happily living with their three children. My mother and father are also happy with their marriage life with us, their four daughters.
            Apparently, it is still a question to me if destiny is true but my parents’ sentiments about their love story lean me towards believing in destiny.


No comments:

Post a Comment