Tuesday 17 December 2013

"Time Machine"

Since then, I really wished for a time machine. I don’t know if it can be possible since I was a kid, during Christmas, I asked for a time machine to Santa. And until now, I still dream for it.
            But the big difference, when I was a kid, I want a time machine to travel into the future because I am sick of being a child. I want to get out from the stage when I was always scolded by my Mom and when I was always commanded by her to buy some stuff. I want to escape from that time when I am least considered during adult talks and I am strictly prohibited in going out with my playmates.
And what’s annoying in childhood times is when my parents beat me with stick on my butt because of my mistakes. I also really hate being a looser every time we play hide and seek. It’s really frustrating to win in our games like jackstone, patintero, Chinese garter, football, etc. and I really feel upset when I end up being a loser.
That’s how I think when I was a child, very childish and immature and I think that’s tolerable since I was only a kid.
But now, that I reached my adolescence stage, the stage that I dreamt for when I was a kid, I still wish for a time machine. But this time, I want a time machine that will bring me back to the past…in my childhood days.
Before, I really wanted to be an adult but now, I realized how difficult and challenging it is to become an adult. It’s tougher compare to the life of childhood. Problems get more complicated; furthermore, immaturity and childishness won’t be an excuse anymore for my mistakes.
I now see the true world and the flaws beneath it. Decisions are very vital in journey as well as the strength to carry on.
I really missed my childhood days when I only endured petty problems like being a looser in the game, dirty clothes and the fear of being scolded by my Mom, forced eating of veggies and obligatory sleeping in afternoons.
Indeed, life becomes tougher as we grew older and it is inevitable. But at the end of the day, I am still the one to be responsible in handling all of these. Greater age requires greater responsibility.
Now that I am matured enough, I also accepted the fact that there is no time machine at all. Time machine will be forever a dream for me, a dream created by selfishness and discontentment.
Time is really a precious thing. So let’s enjoy and treasure the most of it. Life has no rewinds and fast forwards and of course, there’s no time machine to bring as to the era where we want to stay. Let us all seize each day, enjoy and be thankful for each sunrise that welcomes us and the sunset that bids goodbye. After all, all this is a temporary life, a preparation for the eternal life with God for those who believe. =)


No comments:

Post a Comment